PS 150 COVID Plan
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you will find the information about how PS 150Q is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
Send the Re-Opening Committee any questions or feedback about the school reopening by filling out this form.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
New York City Dept. of Education also has important information and resources for you.
Last Updated: August 27, 2020
Blended Learning Plan for 20-21 School Year
We are starting the school year with a hybrid learning schedule. That means that your child will be in school some days and working from home some days, unless you completed the form for remote learning only. If NYC reaches a positivity rate of more than 3%, we will switch to 100% remote learning for all students.
Dates to opt in to Blended Learning:
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about your child's blended learning, please email: email@example.com
If you have questions about remote learning, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*You can also connect with your child's teacher directly using the Staff Directory.
Arrival and dropoff procedures for in-person learning
Before arrival at the building
- Take your child’s temperature before leaving your home. If their temperature is above 100 degrees, please keep him or her home. Any student who is sick needs to stay home to avoid any possible spread of COVID.
- You must complete the health wellness survey for your child each day they are scheduled to be at the school, and show the results upon arrival, either: on your mobile device: http://healthscreening.schools.nyc (use your child’s DOE email and take a screenshot of the final “approval” screen), OR print out and fill out this form: https://drive.google.com/
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Please line up against the grade’s designated arrival gate, wear your mask, and follow 6 feet social distancing. There will be staff with class lists and assisting with arrival.
- Present your “All clear” health screening survey to school staff when asked.
- Staff will be conducting random, non invasive temperature checks - every 10 students.
Staggered arrival times
8:30 AM – Grades 1, 2, 4, 6 and 5/6 self-contained class
8:40 AM – Grades K, 3, 5, self-contained K,1&2 and 3&4
- Please line up against the grade’s designated dismissal gate, wear your mask, and follow 6 feet social distancing. The teachers will release your child to you individually.
- Please note that for safety reasons, parents are not allowed in the building at this time - you will have to wait outside for child to be taken to you. We ask that you please pick up your child on time in order to avoid you having to wait on long lines!
Staggered dismissal times
- 1:50 PM – Grades 1, 2, 4, 6 and 5/6 self-contained class
- 2:00 PM – Grades K, 3, 5, self-contained K,1&2 and 3&4
See below for arrival and dismissal locations, and a map of the locations.
- Please do not bring your child to school if they are not assigned to that day’s cohort. If you have questions about your child’s cohort, please email email@example.com
- Please have one parent or guardian bring your child in to avoid crowding.
- Keeping everyone safe and healthy is a priority! We ask that you please adhere to our new procedures. Your FULL cooperation is needed and appreciated in order to keep our students, staff, teachers and parents safe, and avoiding the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Daily Health Screening for In Person Learning
Students will have to complete a 4 question health screening questionnaire daily to come into the building. It could be accessed electronically here and results can be shown through a device upon entry to the building:
We are in the process of creating a manageable system for this school wide in the event students do not have a device to show at arrival posts. In the meantime, you can access a hard copy of the screening available in multiple languages via the following link:
You can print this out; we will also have copies available at arrival posts through the first few days of school until we have our system in place. We will let you know the plan and when it will begin.
Request a Remote Device
All children enrolled in PS 150 are able to request and receive 1 remote device. Whether your child will be working remote only or with the blended model, they will need a device for the 2020-2021 school year.
Learning Bridges Childcare
Learning Bridges is a new program that will provide free child care options for children from 3-K through 8th grade on days when they are scheduled for remote learning. If you are interested in the Learning Bridges program, please complete the survey.
The survey can be completed even if you don't know your child's schedule.
Safety in School
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students. If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office.
- Hand-washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands before and after eating, after using the bathroom, and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please social distance between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
- Illness: Students and staff showing signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Steps for a Cleaner School
Our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students to lower the risk of COVID-19:
- Air Circulation: To increase the amount of fresh air, we are opening windows whenever and have added industrial filters to our HVAC units.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team will be cleaning all classrooms daily and high-contact areas during and after the school day.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms will have extra soap for hand washing. Hand sanitizer has been placed in all common areas.