PS 150 COVID Plan
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you will find the information about how PS 150Q is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
New York City Dept. of Education also has important information and resources for you.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Before arrival at the building
- You must complete the health wellness survey for your child every day and show the results upon arrival, either: on your mobile device: http://healthscreening.schools.nyc (use your child’s DOE email and take a screenshot of the final “approval” screen), OR print out and fill out this form: https://drive.google.com/
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Please line up against the grade’s designated arrival gate, wear your mask, and follow social distancing
- Present your health screening survey to school staff upon arrival
8:30 AM – Kindergarten - Sixth Grade must be on line. Students will start walking in at this time. If you are late, please enter through the main entrance by security.
- Please line up against the grade’s designated dismissal gate, wear your mask, and follow social distancing. The teachers will release your child to you.
- Please note that for safety reasons, parents are not allowed in the building at this time - you will have to wait by security for your child to be taken to you if they are being dismissed early. We ask that you please pick up your child on time in order to avoid you having to wait on long lines!
Staggered dismissal times
- 2:45 PM – Grades 2, 3, and 6 and 5/6 self-contained class
Annex - K1, K2, K7
- 2:50 PM – Grades 1, 4, 5
Annex - K3, K4, K5
**Children not picked up on time will be placed in the blue area (main building) and can be picked up from the main entrance. At the Annex students can be picked up from the main entrance. **
Safety in School
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students. If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office.
- Social Distancing: Students must maintain 3 feet social distancing indoors. All students are distanced by 3 feet at lunch with 4 students per table, facing the same direction.
- Hand-washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands before and after eating, after using the bathroom, and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please social distance between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. All parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually.
- Illness: Students and staff showing signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Steps for a Cleaner School
Our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students to lower the risk of COVID-19:
- Air Circulation: To increase the amount of fresh air, we are opening windows whenever and have added industrial filters to our HVAC units.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team will be cleaning all classrooms daily and high-contact areas during and after the school day.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms will have extra soap for hand washing. Hand sanitizer has been placed in all common areas.