First day of in-person school - Tuesday Sept 29
Here are the details for TOMORROW's first day (Sept 29) of IN PERSON learning for K-6 students in Cohort C.
Pre-K students in Cohort C will also attend. Students who have opted for remote-only will continue their remote learning as planned.
Before arrival at the building
- Take your child’s temperature before leaving your home. If their temperature is above 100 degrees, please keep him or her home. Any student who is sick needs to stay home to avoid any possible spread of COVID.
- You must complete the health wellness survey for your child each day they are scheduled to be at the school, and show the results upon arrival, either: on your mobile device: http://healthscreening.schools.nyc (use your child’s DOE email and take a screenshot of the final “approval” screen), OR print out and fill out this form: https://drive.google.com/
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Please line up against the grade’s designated arrival gate, wear your mask, and follow 6 feet social distancing. There will be staff with class lists and assisting with arrival.
- Present your “All clear” health screening survey to school staff when asked.
- Staff will be conducting random, non invasive temperature checks - every 10 students.
Staggered arrival times
8:30 AM – Grades 1, 2, 4, 6 and 5/6 self-contained class
8:40 AM – Grades K, 3, 5, self-contained K,1&2 and 3&4
- Please line up against the grade’s designated dismissal gate, wear your mask, and follow 6 feet social distancing. The teachers will release your child to you individually.
- Please note that for safety reasons, parents are not allowed in the building at this time - you will have to wait outside for child to be taken to you. We ask that you please pick up your child on time in order to avoid you having to wait on long lines!
Staggered dismissal times
- 1:50 PM – Grades 1, 2, 4, 6 and 5/6 self-contained class
- 2:00 PM – Grades K, 3, 5, self-contained K,1&2 and 3&4
See attached for arrival and dismissal locations, and a map of the locations.
- Please do not bring your child to school if they are not assigned to that day’s cohort. If you have questions about your child’s cohort, please email email@example.com
- Please have one parent or guardian bring your child in to avoid crowding.
- Keeping everyone safe and healthy is a priority! We ask that you please adhere to our new procedures. Your FULL cooperation is needed and appreciated in order to keep our students, staff, teachers and parents safe, and avoiding the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your support!